'It's all about the pleasure of cooking...'
There's honest pleasure in knowing the food we eat is tasty, wholesome and made with real ingredients. Spicentice is all about creating a home-cooked experience, to share with family and friends, with traditional recipes that have been perfected over generations.
The clever little (no waste) packs of 100% pure herbs and spices come with an easy to prepare recipe that serves four and a shopping list of the extra things needed to make your favourite dish.
Each Spicentice Pilau Rice Curry Kit contains Basmati Rice, Cumin Seeds, Chilli Powder, Cassia Bark, Paprika, Turmeric, Cardamom, Black Peppercorns.
No additives, no preservatives and no colouring.
½ cup Mixed Vegetables (fresh/frozen - optional)
3 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 tsp Salt
Fresh Coriander (for garnish - optional)
1. Wash the rice thoroughly until the water runs clear and soak in cold water for 10 minutes.
2. Chop the vegetables, if using.
Cooking the dish
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and fry Sachet 1 for a few seconds.
2. Add the chopped veg (if using), drained rice and Sachet 2 with 1 level tsp salt.
3. Fry for 2 mins, add 600ml boiling water, then cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 mins on a low heat.
4. Once all the water has evaporated (use a fork to check down to the bottom of the saucepan), fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
Pilau rice... is delicious served with any of the Spicentice main dishes or on its own with raita made of natural yogurt and diced cucumber. Rice trivia: The world's longest cooked grain of Basmati (meaning 'the fragrant one') was 18.3mm!