• Preheat the oven to 170®C (fan assisted) / 190®C / Gas Mark 5.
• To make the spiced Chai sugar, remove the leaves from 2 tea India Masala Chai Tea bags and place in a food processor, add the demerara sugar and blitz to combine. Place in a bowl and set to one side.
• To make the shortbread, cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
• Add the flour, spices, black pepper and milk, mix to form a stiff dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 10 minutes.
• Lightly flour a work surface and roll the chilled dough to approximately ½ cm thick. Using a fluted cutter, approximately 6cm in diameter, cut 12 biscuits.
• Line 2 baking trays with baking paper; dip half of each biscuits first in the milk then into the blitzed sugar and tea lead mix. Place on a baking tray and bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
• Allow to cool for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
• This shortbread will keep in an airtight container for one week.