Rice Vermicelli is a kind of thin Noodles made from Rice. This particular dish is fat free and quite healthy. This is a speciality of Karnataka, a southern state in India. Spicy Vermicelli is mostly eaten as a breakfast item but can be a full meal for any time of the day!
Rice Vermicelli - 2 nest
| ||Oil - 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Asafoetida - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Green Chillies finely chopped - 1|| |
| ||Onions finely chopped - 1 cup|| |
| ||Carrot shredded - 1 cup|| |
| ||Green Peas - ¼ cup|| |
| ||A handful of Bean Sprouts|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Lemon Juice - ½ of a Lemon|| |
| ||Chopped Spring Onion Greens for garnishing|| |
• Boil Water in a large pan and add Vermicelli to this and cook for 5 minutes (Water quantity should be such that the Vermicelli is completely immersed in Water). Drain and run under tap Water - this is to avoid it from becoming sticky. Keep this aside.
• Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard Seeds and allow to it to splutter. Then add Turmeric Powder, Asafoetida and Green Chillies and fry for few seconds.
• Then add Onions and sauté till transparent. Next add Carrot, Peas and stir fry till they are cooked but not mushy. Next add Bean Sprouts and continue stir frying for 2-3 minutes.
• Add the cooked Vermicelli, Salt and mix well on low flame.
• Finish it with a dash of Lemon Juice and chopped Greens.
Make your own Bean Sprouts at home using Mung Beans and our Bean Sprout Maker