Spicy Tomato Slices or commonly known as Tomato Masala is a famous street food in South Indian cities. They are generally eaten at the road-side vendors. The slices of Tomatoes layered with grated Carrot + Onion combo along with Chutneys makes it mouth watering. Its easy 'make at home healthy snack' and so can be eaten as much as you want ;)
Tomato sliced in rounds - 1
| ||Onions finely chopped - 1|| |
| ||Carrot grated - 1|| |
| ||Sweet Chutney - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Green Chutney - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Spicy boondi or Sev or spicy Peanuts - around ¼ Cup|| |
| ||Lime Juice - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Chaat Masala - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Puffed Rice - ¼ Cup|| |
| ||Coriander Leaves chopped for garnishing|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
• Mix together Carrot and Onions in a bowl before starting the dish.
• Place the Tomato slices in the plate that you are going to serve.
• Spread Green Chutney and Sweety Chutney over the Tomatoes. Quantity can vary depending on your choice of spice level.
• Next place some Carrot+Onion mixture on this and then some Salt and Chaat Masala. Top it with Sev or Boondi.
• Finally layer the Puffed Rice and garnish with Coriander Leaves and lime juice.