Spinach and Lentil Curry is a healthy yet tasty combination. Lentils being high in protein is generally eaten with Rice or any other Indian bread. This being a gravy style can be mixed with plain/flavoured Rice. Enjoy this tangy side dish!
Toor Dal - 1 Cup
| || Spinach chopped - 3 Cups|| |
| || Water - 3 Cups|| |
| ||Green Chillies - 2|| |
| ||Onions finely chopped - 1 Cup|| |
| ||Oil - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Turmeric - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Ginger grated - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp|| |
• Pressure cook Lentils with Water and Turmeric till very soft. Wait until all the pressure is released and then open the cooker.
• Meanwhile heat Oil in a pan, add Cumin Seeds, Green Chillies and Ginger. Fry for few seconds.
• Then add Onions and fry till translucent. Add Spinach and further cook for about 5 minutes.
• To this add the cooked Lentils. Add some Salt and mix well.
• Bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
• Top it with some Lemon juice and serve hot!