Stuffed Aubergine Slices is a quick dish that can be eaten as a starter or a light meal. As its cheesy kids might enjoy it with the sauce of their choice...
Aubergine - 1
| ||Olive Oil - 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Mozzarella Cheese grated - 115g|| |
| ||Coriander Leaves chopped - 1 tbsp|| |
| ||Canned Tomatoes - 400g|| |
| ||Oregano for garnishing|| |
| ||Coriander Leaves or Basil chopped for garnishing|| |
• Slice the Aubergine lengthwise into 8 slices.
• Brush these slices with Oil and place on an Ovenproof tray.
• Bake this in a preheated Oven 200 deg centigrade for 10 minutes.
• Remove from the Oven. Sprinkle some grated Cheese and Coriander Leaves over the Aubergine slices.
• Roll up each slice and place the slices in a single layer in a shallow Ovenproof dish.
• Pour over the chopped Tomatoes and bake in the Oven for about 10 minutes or until the Cheese melts.
• Remove the stuffed Aubergine slices from the Oven and transfer carefully to serving plates.
• Spoon any remaining Tomatoes over or around the Aubergines.
• Garnish with Basil Leaves or Coriander Leaves and serve hot.