Stuffed Brinjal is a specility of North Karnataka, a Southern state in India. Purple coloured small rounded Brinjal is used in this recipe. This is typically served with Jowar Roti and Salad.
Small Brinjal - 10 nos
| || Onions finely chopped - ½ Cup|| |
| || Garlic - 1 Clove|| |
| || Fresh grated Coconut - ½ Cup|| |
| || Whole Red Chillies - 4 to 5|| |
| || Tamarind juice - ½ Cup|| |
| || Ground Peanuts - ½ Cup|| |
| || Garam Masala - 1 tsp|| |
| || Curry Leaves - 4 to 5|| |
| || Chopped Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) - 1 tbsp|| |
| || Mustard Seeds - 1tsp|| |
| || Salt to taste|| |
| ||Oil - 2 tbsp|| |
• Heat 1 tsp Oil in a pan, add Onions and fry for sometime.
• Next add Curry Leaves, Garlic, Peanuts, Red Chillies and Coconut. Fry for sometime.
• Grind this with rest of the ingredients except Brinjal, Mustard Seeds and Oil. If required add little Water while grinding.
• Slit the Brinjal in the centre to make 4 halves. Stuff the Brinjal with this ground mixture.
• Meanwhile heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard Seeds and allow it to splutter.
• Add the stuffed Brinjals and pour the remaining mixture on the Brinjals and fry for sometime.
• Cover and cook on low heat till all of the Brinjals are cooked well. It might take about 20-25min.
• Serve hot with Jowar Roti!