Tempered Puffed Rice is a sweet and spicy flavoured snack time popular in Southern part of India. You can say this is a fat free and mess free item that can be prepared as part of breakfast item or for evening snacks.
Medium sized Onions finely chopped - 2
| ||Green Chillies finely chopped - 2|| |
| ||Roasted Bengal Gram + Dry Coconut grated - about ¼ Cup|| |
| ||Puffed Rice - 6 Cups|| |
| ||Oil - 3 tbsp|| |
| ||Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Chana Dal - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Urad Dal - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp|| |
| ||Pinch Of Asafoetida|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Coriander Leaves/Cilantro finely chopped for garnishing|| |
• Firstly grind Bengal Gram and Dry Coconut into a fine powder and keep it aside. Do not add any Water while grinding. It should be dry.
• Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard Seeds and allow it to splutter. Next add both the lentils, Cumin Seeds, Turmeric Powder, Asafoetida and Green Chillies and fry for a second.
• Then add Onions and saute for sometime.
• Take a large bowl filled with Water. Pour some Puffed Rice in this Water and soak well. Then take out the Puffed Rice with both the hands and squeeze the Water completely between your palms and add this to the pan. Repeat this with the remaining Puffed Rice.
• Add some Salt and the ground mixture. Mix well on low flame.
• Take off from heat, give a dash of Lemon Juice and garnish with Coriander Leaves/Cilantro