Thai Fried Rice is a speciality Rice item in Thailand. The distinct item used in this recipe is the Jasmine Rice. Tip for making a good Restaurant quality Thai Rice at home is cook the Rice well ahead and leave it to cool. Then stir fry the rice and enjoy with some healthy greens or some shrimps etc.
| ||Oil - 2 Tbsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Shallots or Red Onions finely sliced - 1|| |
| ||Chillies finely sliced - 1|| |
| ||Lemon Grass finely chopped - 1 Stalk|| |
| ||Garlic grated - 1 Clove|| |
| ||Ginger grated - 2 inch piece|| |
| ||Jasmine Rice cooked and cooled - 140g|| |
| ||Pepper sliced - 1|| |
| ||Carrot cut into matchsticks - 1|| |
| ||Spring Onions shredded - 2|| |
| ||Soya Sauce - 1 Tbsp|| |
| ||Coconut shavings toasted - about 20 - 30g|| |
| ||Coriander Leaves / Cilantro finely chopped for garnishing|| |
• Heat a tablespoon of Oil in a large Pan. Stir fry the Chilli, Lemongrass, Shallots, Ginger-Garlic on low heat for 2 minutes.
• Then add the cooked Rice and stir fry for few minutes.
• Meanwhile heat the remaining Oil in another pan and stir fry the Pepper, Carrot and Spring Onions. Add some Salt and mix.
• Pour the Soya Sauce on the Rice and mix well.
• Transfer this into a serving bowl and top with the Vegetables, Coconut shavings and Coriander Leaves.
• Serve hot