Kumar's Thai Green Curry: a Thai curry with green chilli, galangal, krachai root, fresh turmeric, fish sauce and coconut milk. The use of fresh Thai coriander gives this curry its typical Thai flavour. Delicious with chicken, white fish and shellfish.
Hot - Thailand
500g Chicken Breast or Beef cut into strips, or 500g firm White Fish
| ||Kumar's Green Curry Sauce|| |
| ||200g Mange-Tout and 1 Pak Choi|| |
| ||Sunflower Oil or Olive Oil - 4 tbsp|| |
| ||Garlic Clove - 1 (crushed)|| |
| ||Salt and Pepper|| |
| ||Rice - 200g|| |
| ||200g plain yoghurt (for a milder flavour)|| |
• Cook the Rice according to the instructions on the packet.
• Slice the Pak Choi into 1cm wide strips and trim the Mange-Tout.
• Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the meat or fish on all sides over a high heat for 1½ minutes.
• Now add the Green Curry sauce. Turn down the heat, place the lid on the pan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the meat is tender.
• While the Meat is cooking, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of Oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the Vegetables together with the crushed Garlic Clove, seasoning with Salt and Pepper to taste.
• Serve the Vegetables, Rice, Yoghurt and Green Curry separately.