Vada also known as Medu Vada on the menu cards is a savory snack item in South India. This is served with Chutney and Sambar!
Urad Dal - 1½ Cup
| ||Black Pepper crushed - 4 to 6|| |
| ||Thin slices of Coconut - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Green Chillies finely chopped - 2|| |
| ||Few Curry Leaves finely chopped|| |
| ||Ginger grated - ½ tsp|| |
| ||Salt to taste|| |
| ||Oil for frying|| |
• Wash and soak the Urad Dal for 5 hours.
• Drain all the Water and grind to a paste. Do not add Water while grinding.
• Transfer this batter to a mixing bowl. To this add the chopped Green chillies, Black Pepper, Coconut, Curry Leaves, Ginger and Salt. Mix well.
• Meanwhile heat Oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Pick a Lemon sized batter, make a hole in the centre and drop it in the Oil.
• If you find this method tough just drop a spoonful of batter in the Oil and fry. Taste will not differ its just the shape.
• Deep fry the Vadas until golden brown.
• Serve hot with Sambar and Chutney!