Vegetable Cutlet is a spicy snack which is a blend of vegetables and some Indian spices. This is quite a flexible dish which can be eaten as an appetiser, side dish with the main course or even as a snack with Tea.
Medium sized Potatoes boiled and mashed - 2
| ||Mixed Vegetables finely chopped like Beans, Carrot, Green Peas, Corn - 1 Cup || |
| ||Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) chopped - 2 tbsp|| |
| ||Green Chillies finely chopped - 2|| |
| ||Ginger grated - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Salt - 1 tsp|| |
| ||Dry Mango Powder (Amchoor) - 1 tsp|| |
| ||All Purpose Flour - 3 tbsp|| |
| ||Breadcrumbs - 1 Cup|| |
| ||Oil for frying|| |
• Steam the chopped mixed Vegetables and take off the excess Water and pat dry.
• Mix all the ingredients by hand and adjust the Salt and spice level according to your choice.
• Add some Water to the All Purpose Flour to make a batter and keep aside.
• Apply some Oil to your palms and make 10 equal patties about 1/2 inch thick.
• Dip each Patty in the batter and roll them in the Breadcrumbs and keep it aside.
• Heat Oil in a frying pan, fry few Cutlets at a time until they are golden brown on both sides.
• Repeat this until all the Cutlets are done.
• Serve these lip smacking hot Cutlets topped with some Imli Chutney, Green Chutney, Yogurt and some Chaat Masala.